Black 'n' White Bean Salad is a cool, hearty side dish Kay Ogden created after tasting a similar one in a restaurant. "It goes together in no time and complements most entrees," reports this Grants Pass, Oregon reader.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, red pepper, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Black 'n' White Bean Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p11
Reviews for Black 'n' White Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review