Black & White Cereal Treats Recipe
At seven years old, my daughter asked to make a sweet treat for her school bake sale that everyone would rave about for years to come. While making Rice Krispies Treats, she had the brilliant idea of adding Oreo cookies to the mix. Now 24, she still asks for them on occasion; they're that good! —Tammy Phoenix, Ava, Illinois
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2-1/2 cups chopped double-stuffed Oreo cookies (about 16), divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips, melted
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and 2 cups Oreos. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Spread melted baking chips over top; sprinkle with remaining Oreos, pressing gently to adhere. Cool to room temperature. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC