Black & White Cereal Treats Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2-1/2 cups chopped double-stuffed Oreo cookies (about 16), divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips, melted
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and 2 cups Oreos. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Spread melted baking chips over top; sprinkle with remaining Oreos, pressing gently to adhere. Cool to room temperature. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Black & White Cereal Treats
Sort By :
I made these this morning to bring to a party this afternoon. I snuck a bite while I was slicing them up, so I can attest that they are delicious! I only used 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips - by far enough. I tinted the white chocolate with a drop or two of yellow food coloring as I am trying for a 'Spring look'. At first I wondered if the chocolate drizzle was really necessary. It is because it makes the ½ cup of chopped Oreos that you sprinkle on top stay in place. I might try a milk or dark chocolate drizzle next time (which would certainly go with the 'Black & White' idea. I can see that these treats would be very popular at a bake sale.
These were easy to make and a big hit. However, I made a 9" x 9" pan of these and just cut all ingredients down by 1/3 except for the white chocolate. I actually used an entire 12 oz. bag of white choc. chips.
I liked these. I used a little less white chocolate on the top.
These were perfect for a recent bake sale. They made quite a presentation in patriotic cupcake liners with flag pics since it was held around the 4th of July holiday. Two cut lengthwise fit into the liner and all went into a plastic bag tied with a silver pipe cleaner that I twisted into curls. Great seller!