Black & White Cereal Treats Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2-1/2 cups chopped double-stuffed Oreo cookies (about 16), divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips, melted
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and 2 cups Oreos. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Spread melted baking chips over top; sprinkle with remaining Oreos, pressing gently to adhere. Cool to room temperature. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Black & White Cereal Treats
Sort By :
"I will not be making these again. I had a hard time getting the white chocolate to melt. The Oreos on top would not stay, even though I pressed them down. When I cut a piece, most of the topping falls off. They were more trouble than they're worth."
"Wow these are delicious!! I didn't have white chocolate chips so I used regular chocolate chips and took a tray of them to my son's baseball practice. I figured the boys would enjoy them but the dads & moms were going in for seconds as well! Thanks for the great recipe."
"Very easy to make, and YUMMY! My picky husband loved them. I made them exactly like the recipe except used single (not double) Oreos. I used one whole package. I even shared the recipe with co-workers, daughter and daughter-in-laws. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I made these this morning to bring to a party this afternoon. I snuck a bite while I was slicing them up, so I can attest that they are delicious! I only used 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips - by far enough. I tinted the white chocolate with a drop or two of yellow food coloring as I am trying for a 'Spring look'. At first I wondered if the chocolate drizzle was really necessary. It is because it makes the ½ cup of chopped Oreos that you sprinkle on top stay in place. I might try a milk or dark chocolate drizzle next time (which would certainly go with the 'Black & White' idea. I can see that these treats would be very popular at a bake sale."
"These were easy to make and a big hit. However, I made a 9" x 9" pan of these and just cut all ingredients down by 1/3 except for the white chocolate. I actually used an entire 12 oz. bag of white choc. chips."