This is a healthy and filling meal that even the kids love! The satisfying chili is great for football games or potluck dinners.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with 1/2 teaspoon oil and remaining chicken. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and spices; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer to slow cooker. Add beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice. If desired, top with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts)
Originally published as Black & White Bean Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p68
Reviews for Black & White Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review