Bittersweet Double Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Milk chocolate chips enhance the bitter- sweet flavor of these decadent, melt-in-your-mouth treats. Tie up a few in pretty cellophane and ribbons for an easy, elegant last-minute holiday gift. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Optional toppings: crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles and chopped nuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt bittersweet chips over low heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Beat in whipped topping and cinnamon. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls.
- 3. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 truffle (calculated without optional toppings) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC