Bittersweet Double Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Optional toppings: crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles and chopped nuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt bittersweet chips over low heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Beat in whipped topping and cinnamon. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls.
- 3. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Bittersweet Double Chocolate Truffles
"Very easy to make, my12 yr old makes them every year and they are wonderful."
"Delicious! These were a bit messy to make, so they spent some extra time in the freezer. I dipped half the batch in melted white chocolate. Turned out great!"
"I followed the recipe exactly as written. I could not form mixture in to balls. Very difficult to work with."