Milk chocolate chips enhance the bitter- sweet flavor of these decadent, melt-in-your-mouth treats. Tie up a few in pretty cellophane and ribbons for an easy, elegant last-minute holiday gift. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Optional toppings: crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles and chopped nuts
- In a small saucepan, melt bittersweet chips over low heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes.
- Beat in whipped topping and cinnamon. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Truffles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p15
Reviews for Bittersweet Double Chocolate Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review