Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and toasted chopped hazelnuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and hazelnuts; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add chocolate. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream, extracts and salt; beat just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 4. For glaze, in microwave, melt chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Spread glaze over top. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and hazelnuts if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 484 calories, 39g fat (21g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake
"It turned out beautifully and I love the taste. However, it was a little too bitter for the average chocolate-lover. I might reduce the bittersweet chocolate next time to cater to general tastebuds."
"I made 25 diffrent cakes for my daughters wedding reception. Three of this one and many more times since. Comes out beautiful every time."