Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I'm a great-grandmother, and my whole family enjoys this dessert. I received this recipe from my niece. It's very chocolaty.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and toasted chopped hazelnuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and hazelnuts; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add chocolate. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream, extracts and salt; beat just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 4. For glaze, in microwave, melt chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Spread glaze over top. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and hazelnuts if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 484 calories, 39 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC