- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional toasted hazelnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix wafer crumbs, hazelnuts and melted butter; press onto bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, then sour cream, extracts and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 60-65 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over chilled cheesecake. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Remove rim from pan. If desired, served with whipped cream and additional hazelnuts. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake in Country Extra January 1998, p51
Reviews for Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2011
"I made 25 diffrent cakes for my daughters wedding reception. Three of this one and many more times since. Comes out beautiful every time."