- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) chopped dates
- 1 pound Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 pound candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Additional candied cherries, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in the dates, nuts, pineapple, cherries and raisins.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 300° for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- For glaze, combine the egg, milk and water. Brush over fruitcakes. Bake 10 minutes longer. Decorate with candied cherries if desired. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Bite-Size Fruitcakes in Country Woman November/December 1997, p33
Reviews for Bite-Size Fruitcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review