- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Separate each biscuit into five equal pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups (discard remaining piece of dough). Fill each cup with 2 teaspoons crab and 1 teaspoon Swiss cheese. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, dill and salt; spoon about 1-1/2 teaspoons into each cup.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bite-Size Crab Quiches
Sort By :
"I've made this many times since it first appeared in Taste of Home and the recipe has turned out perfectly every time. It's one of our favorite appetizers and it's just as good reheated or served cold if we have a few left over (which we rarely do)."
"This was easy to make, and baked to perfection. We all love this receipe because it is not as rich as many quiches are. I use dill in many things I cook, and I added 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice while combining the egg mixture.' Best ever' from people who seldom eat quiche. One friend even asked for the receipe for her family."
"I believe the dill weed makes this nasty. My brothers family and my family did not like this at all."
"These blew up and got too big and spilled the filling all over the oven. Not good."