If you love a cinnamon roll and a good spiced cookie, make this bite-sized version that combines the best of both types. Genius! — Jasmine Sheth, New York, New York
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and orange peel. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, yeast and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into an 8x6-in. rectangle; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut dough crosswise into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cookies in glaze. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Bite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Bite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review