- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and orange peel. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, yeast and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into an 8x6-in. rectangle; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut dough crosswise into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cookies in glaze. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Bite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Sort By :
"Very good cookies! Turned out just like the picture. I had to chill the dough because of being short on time and rolled out the next day. I rolled them between two sheets of parchment paper. No problem rolling at all, went very fast. Will definitely make again."
"I made a batch for a cookie exchange, and quickly realized that I needed to make another for home! I especially liked the hint of orange. I did have to make double the glaze, though."
"These were amazing! The hit of the holidays, by far."
"FABULOUS! I put these in the goodies baskets I make each year for friends. RAVE reviews on these. Yes the dough is soft and a little tricky, but totally worth it!"
"Very good. Family loved them. I had to make twice the glaze."