- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 medium tart apples
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets; roll and trim each to an 8-in. square. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut each square into eight 1-in. strips.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges; wrap one strip of pastry around each wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Bite-Size Apple Pies
"Amazing, simply amazing. Easy to make, delicious to eat and was loved by all. I have an apple tree in the backyard and come harvest time, i plan to make this a weekly staple. i served with warm caramel sauce for dipping. Score!"
"What's not to love? Pie crust, apples, cinnamon, butter? Mmmm good. I love hand held food when serving a crowd or group. This will go in my recipe file!"
"Easy to make and delicious. Best if eaten immediately"
"Another great, easy dessert to whip up quick. We enjoy these on a weekend in the fall."