- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 medium tart apples
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets; roll and trim each to an 8-in. square. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut each square into eight 1-in. strips.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges; wrap one strip of pastry around each wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Bite-Size Apple Pies
"We used honeycrisp apples, and tossed the slices in the cinnamon sugar mixture rather than sprinkling it on the dough. We had them with a side of warmed caramel ice cream topping for dipping. Fast, fun, delicious."
"Amazing, simply amazing. Easy to make, delicious to eat and was loved by all. I have an apple tree in the backyard and come harvest time, i plan to make this a weekly staple. i served with warm caramel sauce for dipping. Score!"
"What's not to love? pie crust, apples, cinnamon, butter? Mmmm good. I love hand held food when serving a crowd or group. This will go in my recipe file!"
"Easy to make and delicious. Best if eaten immediately"
"We had a lot of fun rolling this up as a family. We took leftovers to a large gathering and they were quickly gobbled up. So easy - I am no baker and pies intimidate me. This is completely doable for those of us who rely on refrigerated pie crusts! I especially love that I didn't have to peel and cube the apples! Just used my apple wedger, trimmed a little, and then ready to go!"
"easy and fun to make, can heat leftovers or just eat as is."
"Have made these twice, the first time with puff pastry--one sheet for two apples. The second time with the refrigerated pie dough. Yummy either way. I have an issue with the directions for cutting the dough. Refrigerated pie dough comes in two ROUND sheets, so if you cut the pieces about 8" long, you are wasting a WHOLE lot of dough, so I cut the dough into 8 wedges and wrapped one wedge around each slice. The next time I make this, I will cut each round sheet into an 8" square, use the curved edges for four slices and cut the square into 1" slices. This way I can make 3 apples with two sheets of pastry. The puff pastry was delicious as well, but is more expensive than the pie dough. Also the second time I used only 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, as the first time I had a lot of sugar left over. I also tossed the apples in the mixture, before wrapping them. Used up the smaller amount."