Bistro Turkey Calzone Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased baking sheet. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan. Arrange half of turkey over half of the dough; top with cheese, bacon, apple and remaining turkey. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- 2. With a sharp knife, cut three slashes in the top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 481 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Bistro Turkey Calzone
"I loved this! One of my favorite recipes. Very quick to make and easy. I will be doing this again even if it's not Thanksgiving! The bacon complimented this dish very well."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer