Bistro Turkey Calzone Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased baking sheet. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan. Arrange half of turkey over half of the dough; top with cheese, bacon, apple and remaining turkey. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- 2. With a sharp knife, cut three slashes in the top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 481 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Bistro Turkey Calzone
"I loved this! One of my favorite recipes. Very quick to make and easy. I will be doing this again even if it's not Thanksgiving! The bacon complimented this dish very well."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer