Bistro Turkey Calzone
Turkey, cheddar and bacon harmonize well with the apple in this family-friendly fare. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased baking sheet. On a lightly floured
- surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Arrange half of turkey over half of the dough; top with cheese,
- bacon, apple and remaining turkey. Fold dough over filling and pinch
- edges to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut three slashes in the top. Brush with egg and
- sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes
- or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into
- wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 481 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.