Turkey, cheddar and bacon harmonize well with the apple in this family-friendly fare. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased baking sheet. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan. Arrange half of turkey over half of the dough; top with cheese, bacon, apple and remaining turkey. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut three slashes in the top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Turkey Calzone in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p121
Reviews for Bistro Turkey Calzone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2013
"I loved this! One of my favorite recipes. Very quick to make and easy. I will be doing this again even if it's not Thanksgiving! The bacon complimented this dish very well."