Turkey, cheddar and bacon harmonize well with the apple in this family-friendly fare. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased baking sheet. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan. Arrange half of turkey over half of the dough; top with cheese, bacon, apple and remaining turkey. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut three slashes in the top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Turkey Calzone in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p121
Reviews for Bistro Turkey Calzone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review