- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream. Add macaroni; toss to coat. In a small skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown. Sprinkle over top. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bistro Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"I wanted so bad to like this and I did, however, the taste was so subtle I could hardly tell there was cheese in it. It was very creamy not dry..but next time I was thinking of doubling the cheddar cheese and halving the recipe. By the way, shredded cheese in the bag is usually 8 ounces and contains 2 cups...8 ounces of LIQUID is 1 cup. Correct lonemomma!"
"Very delicious! We loved all the different cheeses and we even added BACON! Yum! I will say when it cooled it became a little dry so it would be nice to find a way to keep it creamy longer, but overall SUPER yummy!"
"A cheese lovers delight"
"Very good. I loved all the combo"s of cheeses. Can't wait to have the leftovers today !!!!!!!"
"Oh My!!! That's all I can say! This was an amazingly cheesy dish without being so upsthick you can't eat it! Nothing says comfort food like Mac and Cheese and this was great! for alittle more smoky flavor I topped with some bacon crumbles and put under the broiler for about 7 minutes to crisp up the bacon and bread topping."