- 6 bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 slices sourdough bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Place eggs on two slices of bread; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with cheese, apple, bacon, spinach and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bistro Breakfast Panini
Sort By :
Very good for time restriction as a non- breakfast sandwich but omitting the eggs. Upgrade from plain sliced white bread
Very nice sandwich. I lightened it up some for my own needs but as is its wonderful as well. Very nicely done, I would and do recommend this recipe to friends =D
what a great sandwich, I'm also on WW so I only ate half (and it was really hard not to finish it.) for breakfast and I'll have the other half for lunch. NUMMY NUMMY
This sandwich was delicious! Thanks for the recipe:) To all of you negative Nellie's ~ how about lightening up? We can read the nutritional too and are capable of making up our own minds.
I don't have a panini maker or an indoor grill but I have a clay plate that I bought in Mexico and put in in the oven on broil, low at first then on high, had to watch it though so the bread wouldn't burn. Was very good. I aslo substituted a slice of havarti cheese for the Brie and I also didn't have any baby spinach. Still good just the same.