- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 slices sourdough bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Place eggs on two slices of bread; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with cheese, apple, bacon, spinach and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bistro Breakfast Panini
"Very nice sandwich. I lightened it up some for my own needs but as is its wonderful as well. Very nicely done, I would and do recommend this recipe to friends =D"
"This sandwich was delicious! Thanks for the recipe:) To all of you negative Nellie's ~ how about lightening up? We can read the nutritional too and are capable of making up our own minds."
"I don't have a panini maker or an indoor grill but I have a clay plate that I bought in Mexico and put in in the oven on broil, low at first then on high, had to watch it though so the bread wouldn't burn. Was very good. I aslo substituted a slice of havarti cheese for the Brie and I also didn't have any baby spinach. Still good just the same."
"Using Granny Smith Apples gives you a crunch when it comes out of the panini press. As far as the calories are concerned a Macdonalds Big Mac has 1800 plus calories. As far as a early morning pick me up this panini fills the bill. It will be on my rotation from now on. Great Job. It also makes for a great new base recipe for many other combinations."
"Great sandwich. As far as the fat content, I have a smart diet and i know when i can afford it and when i can't. a time and place for everything i say."
"I continue to find it irritating that people make a single panino and refer to it as panini. Panini is Italian for grilled sandwiches -- plural. Besides I wouldn't make this recipe. I don't like fruit in my food."
"Why do people insist on making comments when they have not tried, nor intend to try a recipe - only to criticize something because THEY wouldn't try it!!!??? Isn't this supposed to be for those who have tried it to see how it tasted to others? Give me a break! I may not intend to make something but will not find fault with it because of that! PLEASE!!!"
"I am on WW and it would be WAY too many points for me to try but one of the best sandwiches I ever had was ham, brie cheese and apple so I bet its delicious but you would lighten it up with 45 calorie wheat bread, Brown & Brummel butter, egg beaters, and either Morningstar Farms vegetarian bacon or turkey bacon but I think I'd just use lean thin sliced ham, should really cut the calories a lot and be a lot healthier"