Bistro Breakfast Panini Recipe
I tried an omelet that contained brie, bacon and apples and thought it would be tasty as a breakfast panini—so I created this recipe! —Kathy Harding, Richmond, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 slices sourdough bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- 3. Place eggs on two slices of bread; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with cheese, apple, bacon, spinach and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 4. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 710 calories, 44 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 522 mg cholesterol, 1,510 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC