These zippy barbecue sandwiches make for fun late-summer dinners and are perfect for potluck gatherings, too. The coleslaw topping adds the perfect tangy crunch. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 16 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- Mix first nine ingredients. Cut roast in half; cut slits in roast and insert garlic. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 8-10 hours.
Remove beef. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve on rolls with coleslaw.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Beef Barbecue Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017