Bistro Apple Panini Recipe
The bacon, apple and tarragon in this recipe go together so well. If you don’t have a panini maker or an indoor grill, you can easily pan-fry or broil these excellent sandwiches.—Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger ale
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices Havarti cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, toss apple with ginger ale and lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. Place jelly in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until softened. Stir in tarragon.
- 3. Spread jelly mixture over six bread slices. Top with cheese, apple and bacon. Spread mustard over remaining bread; place over bacon. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 4. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 panini equals 512 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,235 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Bistro Apple Panini
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC