The bacon, apple and tarragon in this recipe go together so well. If you don’t have a panini maker or an indoor grill, you can easily pan-fry or broil these excellent sandwiches.—Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger ale
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices Havarti cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, toss apple with ginger ale and lemon juice; set aside.
- Place jelly in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until softened. Stir in tarragon.
- Spread jelly mixture over six bread slices. Top with cheese, apple and bacon. Spread mustard over remaining bread; place over bacon. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Apple Panini in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p51
Reviews for Bistro Apple Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review