This bread is packed with cherries, chocolate and nuts. I give away many loaves at Christmas. Yvonne Wheeler, Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each red and green maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (7 ounces), broken into bite-size pieces
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and extracts. In another bowl,
- combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in almonds, walnuts,
- dates, cherries and candy bar. Stir into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Press down
- firmly to eliminate air spaces. Bake at 300° for 2 hours. Cool
- for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf.