Biscuits with Turkey Sausage Gravy Recipe
“My husband was diagnosed with diabetes, so I began using turkey sausage in this recipe, and it turned out great,” says Marcia Snyder of Boonton, New Jersey. “There are never any leftovers!”
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in sausage; heat through. Place two biscuits on each serving plate; top with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC