Biscuits with Ham Butter
"Whether as a finger food or brunch dish, these are a great way to use leftover ham," advises Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine
- sour cream and egg; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4 to 5
- times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit
- cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12
- minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, process ham until finely
- minced. Add butter and continue processing until well mixed. Spread
- over warm biscuits. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.