Biscuits with Ham Butter Recipe
"Whether as a finger food or brunch dish, these are a great way to use leftover ham," advises Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine sour cream and egg; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4 to 5 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, process ham until finely minced. Add butter and continue processing until well mixed. Spread over warm biscuits. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC