"Whether as a finger food or brunch dish, these are a great way to use leftover ham," advises Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine sour cream and egg; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4 to 5 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, process ham until finely minced. Add butter and continue processing until well mixed. Spread over warm biscuits. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Biscuits with Ham Butter in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p45
Reviews for Biscuits with Ham Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review