"A friend shared this recipe with me," writes Sylvia McCoy from Lees Summit, Missouri. "I think the biscuits taste wonderful warm from the oven."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Biscuits For Two in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p16
Reviews for Biscuits For Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review