- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Reviews for Biscuits For Two
Sort By :
"These are so easy and really really tasty with butter melting over the hot biscuit. The recipe is a definite do again and again and agian.Jackie"
"My husband thought these were the best biscuits he'd ever eaten...and he is a huge bread fan. I did use butter instead of shorting and they turned out so good!"
"i must have cut mine thinnner because i got 10 biscuits... but they were delish... boyfriend loved em!"
"I've been making these biscuits for a couple of years now and wouldn't think of going back to canned! They are delicious and turn out light and fluffy every time. Last night I made them with the butter flavored shortening and let them sit a few minutes before baking and they rose even higher. My husband has only one "word" for these, mmmmmmmmm."
"Delicious! Light, fluffy and pretty too. Doubled the recipe which made 11 biscuits."