Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
This is an old Southern recipe that I've adapted. Maybe you'd like to try it and take a "trip" to the South.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/3 cups milk
- Warm biscuits
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add butter and heat until melted. Add the flour, salt
- and pepper; cook and stir until blended. Gradually add the milk,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without biscuits) equals 337 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.