- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Biscuits and Beans
Sort By :
"For an easy supper, this is a good choice. I also used a larger amount of baked beans. Also, next time I will butter the biscuits before baking them, and wait to sprinkle the cheese on them until done and let it melt. The cheese got a little too brown, even burnt, putting it on before baking."
"Very easy and tastey."
"This was very easy to make, the only thing I did different was use a 30 oz can of Pork & Beans."