- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onions and peppers; saute until tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in onion mixture until blended. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Biscuit-y Bell Pepper Muffins
Sort By :
"The overall texture was good, but around the the onions and peppers it was slimy."
"Good, but taste best the second day. Used half the butter and increased veggies to 1 cup."
"wonderful tasty, great alone or with soup, chili etc. Best eaten warm with butter."
"These look and sound delightful. I am inclined to try these with cornmeal. MMM"
"This recipe is incredibly easy to make and tastes so good, I tend to make a triple batch as it vanishes very, very fast. It's delicious and my family absolutely loves it."