Biscuit-y Bell Pepper Muffins Recipe
I like to use three or four different colors of pepper for these easy muffins. When you cut one open, it looks like a rainbow!—Rachel Garcia, Arlington, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onions and peppers; saute until tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in onion mixture until blended. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
1 muffin equals 208 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC