I like to use three or four different colors of pepper for these easy muffins. When you cut one open, it looks like a rainbow!—Rachel Garcia, Arlington, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onions and peppers; saute until tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in onion mixture until blended. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
Originally published as Biscuit-y Bell Pepper Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p69
Reviews for Biscuit-y Bell Pepper Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review