- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onions and peppers; saute until tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in onion mixture until blended. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Biscuit-y Bell Pepper Muffins
"The overall texture was good, but around the the onions and peppers it was slimy."
"Good, but taste best the second day. Used half the butter and increased veggies to 1 cup."
"wonderful tasty, great alone or with soup, chili etc. Best eaten warm with butter."
"These look and sound delightful. I am inclined to try these with cornmeal. MMM"
"This recipe is incredibly easy to make and tastes so good, I tend to make a triple batch as it vanishes very, very fast. It's delicious and my family absolutely loves it."