Biscuit Tostadas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa; heat through.
- 2. Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4-in. rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Biscuit Tostadas
"These are really good, and really cute too! The kids love them, but so did us adults. I served it with a side of Spanish rice for an easy, fun weeknight meal. I would double the meat mixture next time. Didn't seem like enough meat for all of the tostadas."
"these turned out good after I made the beef in my homemade taco seasoning."