Biscuit Tostadas Recipe
Refrigerated biscuits and just four other ingredients make it easy for little hands to assemble these cute kid-size tostadas. "They're best eaten on a plate with a fork," recommends Terrie Stampor of Sterling Heights, Michigan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa; heat through.
- 2. Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4-in. rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC