Biscuit Tostadas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa; heat through.
- 2. Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4-in. rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Biscuit Tostadas
"These are really good, and really cute too! The kids love them, but so did us adults. I served it with a side of Spanish rice for an easy, fun weeknight meal. I would double the meat mixture next time. Didn't seem like enough meat for all of the tostadas."
"these turned out good after I made the beef in my homemade taco seasoning."