Refrigerated biscuits and just four other ingredients make it easy for little hands to assemble these cute kid-size tostadas. "They're best eaten on a plate with a fork," recommends Terrie Stampor of Sterling Heights, Michigan.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa; heat through.
- Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4-in. rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit Tostadas in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p40
Reviews for Biscuit Tostadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2010
"these turned out good after I made the beef in my homemade taco seasoning."