Biscuit Tostadas Recipe
Refrigerated biscuits and just four other ingredients make it easy for little hands to assemble these cute kid-size tostadas. "They're best eaten on a plate with a fork," recommends Terrie Stampor of Sterling Heights, Michigan.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa; heat through.
- Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4-in. rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit Tostadas in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p40
Reviews for Biscuit Tostadas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2010
these turned out good after I made the beef in my homemade taco seasoning.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >