Biscuit-Topped Taco Casserole Recipe
"Our family was pleasantly surprised by this delightful dish that calls for leftover taco fixings," relates Bonnie King of Lansing, Michigan. "Some of us enjoyed it even more than the original tacos! It's easy to put together and tasty enough to serve to company."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups leftover taco-seasoned ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the taco meat and beans; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until moistened. Pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomato and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 611 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 1,657 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC