- 3 cups leftover taco-seasoned ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the taco meat and beans; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until moistened. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomato and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBiscuit-Topped Taco Casserole
"This is not a review. It is to tell you that I've tried several times to create new folders in mr recipe box and it never works. It's saves the recipe but I never know where it will end up. Needs to be fixed."
"IHAVE MADE THIS MANY TIMES BUT REPLACE THE BISQUIT TOPPING WITH ONE BOX OF jIFFY CORN bread MIX..MY FAMILY REALLY LIKES IT THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE TO QUADRUPLE THE RECIPE FOR MY HUNGRY GROUP !"
"very bland. The dough topping soaked up the juices leaving rest of mixture very dry. Putting sour cream on something that comes right of the oven is not productive."
"This was a fun one to have the kids help out. Used Bisquick and substituted the beans with Nalley's Cheese chili. I also leave the sour cream, lettuce etc on the side.."
"This was a great recipe for leftover taco meat. I added about a half a cup or so of homemade salsa to the beef mixture. Turned out pretty good. Also I had to cook the dish about 10 minutes more and the middle of the topping still wasn't completely done. But it was still very good and my family liked it. Thanks for the recipe! I will make it again next time I have extra taco meat."
"This was easy & delicious!!!!!!"
"I made this last night. It was so easy and the whole family loved it! I will be making this on a regular basis."
"I Missed The Taco Caserole recipe please give it again.Betty AR"
"This recipe is delicious!! I had leftover taco meat, but no shells, and this recipe worked out great. Thanks for sharing. Also, I liked the fact that you didn't have to hassle with rolling up shells indiviually. CTripp"