Biscuit-Topped Taco Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups leftover taco-seasoned ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the taco meat and beans; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until moistened. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomato and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Taco Casserole
Sort By :
This is not a review. It is to tell you that I've tried several times to create new folders in mr recipe box and it never works. It's saves the recipe but I never know where it will end up. Needs to be fixed.
IHAVE MADE THIS MANY TIMES BUT REPLACE THE BISQUIT TOPPING WITH ONE BOX OF jIFFY CORN BREAD MIX..MY FAMILY REALLY LIKES IT THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE TO QUADRUPLE THE RECIPE FOR MY HUNGRY GROUP !
very bland. The dough topping soaked up the juices leaving rest of mixture very dry. Putting sour cream on something that comes right of the oven is not productive.
This was really good. I made a pound of taco-meat and mixed in the kidney beans right in the skillet. I put in in the casserole dish while still hot so I did not have the problem of it not baking in enough time. I also served the sour cream, olives, lettuce and tomato on the side.
This was a fun one to have the kids help out. Used Bisquick and substituted the beans with Nalley's Cheese Chili. I also leave the sour cream, lettuce etc on the side..
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Taco Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >