Biscuit-Topped Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 12 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS:
- 5 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and celery in butter. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add green onions. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in chicken, soup, lemon juice and peel, pepper and salt; heat through. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes; set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness. With a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out 30 biscuits.
- 4. Place over chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings (30 biscuits).
1 serving (1 each) equals 687 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 1,224 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Lemon Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.