Biscuit-Topped Italian Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in vegetables and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Split each biscuit in half. Arrange biscuits around edge of dish, overlapping slightly; brush with butter and sprinkle with oregano. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 354 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Italian Casserole
"It was very easy to make however, I feel it didn't have a lot of flavor it seemed to lack something. I am not sure what I will try next time to add more flavor, but will make it again."