- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in soup until blended. Stir in the ham and lemon juice; heat through.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, milk and pimientos just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4-5 times. Roll to about 1/2-in. thickness; cut out six biscuits with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Arrange biscuits over ham mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Creamed Ham
Sort By :
we all liked it but my husband said he'd rather have the biscuts on the side instead of baked on top. To each his own. It was good though.
I couldn't believe how easy this was to prepare and how fast it was ready. This has certainly become a regular family favorite!!! Very delicious! I must say that it will feed 3-4 if you have a sandwich and a side dish to go with it. Still a five star dish!