Biscuit-Topped Beef N Beans Recipe
I entered this recipe for the annual cookbook put out by our local newspaper and was thrilled to win a prize! I shared my winnings with the dear friend who gave the recipe to me.—Eleanor McQuiston, Harrisville, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 block (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, soup mix and garlic powder; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, place a cheese cube in the center of each biscuit. Fold dough over cheese to cover; pinch to seal.
- 3. Transfer hot meat mixture to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Place biscuits seam side down over beef mixture. Brush with butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 547 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,406 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Beef N Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC