I entered this recipe for the annual cookbook put out by our local newspaper and was thrilled to win a prize! I shared my winnings with the dear friend who gave the recipe to me.—Eleanor McQuiston, Harrisville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 block (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, soup mix and garlic powder; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place a cheese cube in the center of each biscuit. Fold dough over cheese to cover; pinch to seal.
- Transfer hot meat mixture to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Place biscuits seam side down over beef mixture. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit-Topped Beef N Beans in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p201
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Beef N Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
"very good I'll definatly make again!"