Biscuit-Topped Beef Casserole Recipe
“This satisfying recipe has been in our family for years. We just made a few adjustments,” writes Debbie Slater from Spokane, Washington. “It’s so flavorful, we can’t get enough of it!”
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vegetables and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full).
- 3. Separate each biscuit horizontally in half; arrange around edge of dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with oregano. Sprinkle remaining cheese over beef filling.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 570 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,289 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Beef Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC