- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vegetables and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full).
- Separate each biscuit horizontally in half; arrange around edge of dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with oregano. Sprinkle remaining cheese over beef filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit-Topped Beef Casserole in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p61
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2009
"This looks like another goodie I would like to try. My printer will run out of ink printing all the delicious dishes!Sylvia, Naples, Fla."