- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into eight mounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries, orange juice and remaining sugar in a bowl; toss gently. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on serving plates; top with whipped topping and strawberries. Replace shortcake tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake
Sort By :
"Biscuits are fluffy and I use the same recipe for biscuits and gravy. Just omit amount of sugar to a tbsp. Awesome!I cut the biscuits after patting out into squares.The ingredients are precise and after a three lightKneading in a half cup of flour will take care of the amount of milk that I add a Cargill of white vinegar for a little sour milk."
"The 3rd tablespoon of sugar gets mixed into the strawberries with the orange juice...see step 3 in the directions. Very quick and easy to mix up. Light and fluffy. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top."
"<p>The 3rd tablespoon of sugar gets mixed into the strawberries with the orange juice...see step 3 in the directions. Very quick and easy to mix up. Light and fluffy. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top.</p>"
"only 1/2 cup milk should be used --- this is way to wet with one cup of milk also too much salt"