Dipped in melted butter, the biscuit sticks are a special melt-in-your mouth substitute for regular bread. I often dress them up by giving them a garlic or cheese flavor.Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk
- Place butter in a 9-in. square baking pan; place in a 425° oven
- for 4 minutes or until melted Remove from the oven; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl; gradually add enough milk to form
- a soft dough. On a floured surface, knead 4-5 times. Roll out into
- an 8-in. square; cut in half with a sharp knife. Cut each half into
- eight strips. Dip each strip into melted butter in pan, carefully
- turning to coat; arrange in rows in pan. Bake at 425° for 18-20
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.