These easy little pizza snacks are so versatile...you can include any toppings you want. The hardest part is making enough to go around! Cathy Sudbeck, Hartington, Nebraska
4-6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic salt over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Separate biscuits. Place 3 in. apart
- on greased baking sheets; flatten into 3-in. circles. Spread each
- with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Top
- with meat mixture and mushrooms. Sprinkle with mozzarella and
- remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.