This recipe from Emma Hageman of Waucoma, Iowa provides all the flavor of traditional pizza in a convenient casserole. "It's chock-full of ground beef, pepperoni and veggies, so it's perfect for a potluck or to feed the men in the fields," she notes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Meanwhile, cut biscuits into quarters; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drain beef; sprinkle over biscuits.
- Layer with pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce, green pepper and onion. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit Pizza Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Biscuit Pizza Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review